It is the 2nd day of March... and I woke up to snow!! I am so tired of it! Since it is so cold and gloomy outside I tried my best to take advantage and so somethings around the house! I stitched up some clothes, laundry, little things that I haven't gotten around to before running errands! Since there isn't too much going on I thought I would share a little cleaning tip!!! Now that Valentine's Day is over and for me, sadly my Birthday is too I was throwing out all my beautiful (dead) flowers this morning and cleaning up the vases. I don't know about you but my vases always look like they are 100 YEARS OLD after just a week or two with flowers in them. So after A LOT of sad research a couple of years ago I learned an awesome trick to cleaning them! DENTURE CLEANER!!! It is kind of embarrassing to be buying denture cleaning tablets, but the good news is one box lasts FOREVER! I even gave half of mine to a friend and still have plenty! You just fill the vase with VERY hot water and drop in one tablet, I usually let it sit for 3 or 4 hours then rinse it out and dry it! Your vase will look as good as new! I like fill mine with new flowers and give them away for Mother's Day or to friends who are sick or having babies etc... This one will be perfect for a friends Birthday!

This is what my vase looked like after taking the flowers out and rinsing it with just hot water

This is with the denture tablet in it

And after.... ready to be filled with flowers again!
No comments:
Post a Comment